Sportfishing Charters in Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
Inshore and Offshore Deep-Sea Fishing
The Osa is where you want to fish and Aguila de Osa captains are who you want taking you out. We’ve fishing these waters for more than 30 years, and over that time Aguila’s captains have set four IGFA world records. We’re passionate about this sport and even more passionate about making sure you have an exceptional Costa Rica fishing experience with us!
- Half-day: $500.00- $750 +tax
- Full-day: $950 to $1300 + tax – depending on boat size and your destination, max persons depend on boat size
- Duration: Half-day: 4-5 hours; Full-day: 8-9 hours
- Departure: Time of your choice, but we recommend 6:30 a.m. launching from Águila’s dock
- Ages: 6+ at parental discretion
Cold beverages, and picnic lunch served on board.
We recommend bringing a water bottle, as well as, sunblock, a hat, long sleeve shirt, short pants/swimsuit, or light weight long pants to protect yourself from the tropic sun.
Bring your camera for all those action shots fish jumping. or those big fish trying to pull you over, and for those fish you bring to the boat for photos of memories of those big catches of the day!
Where We Go and What We Chase?
On our full day offshore charters, you’ll chase the runs of big Blue and Black Marlin, as well as Sailfish, which range from 20 to 40 miles out. On the way, we look for the huge schools of spinners Dolphin to find the big Yellow Fin Tuna and Dorado (Mahi-Mahi).
Our half-day or full day inshore charters are closer in, where you can troll around Caño Island for Wahoo, or jig on the rock mounts for Cubera Snappers, Amberjacks, and Grouper. There are also half-days charters for in-shore trolling, casting surface plugs or live bait for Roosterfish, Sierra or Spanish Mackerel, and Snapper.
So, whether half-day or full-day, you’ll often be in the company of several different species dolphins, sea turtles, rays, flying fish, and during seasonal migrations – majestic humpback whales.
The Osa is our home and these waters are special to us all. With Caño Island just 12 nautical miles off Drake Bay and to the south, the spectacular cobalt blue waters of the coast of Corcovado National Park, there is relatively little fishing pressure in these areas, and we’re keen to keep it that way.
Our philosophy is simple-eat what you catch or let it go.
We are the first charter operation on the Osa to commit to catch and release using circle hooks. On the flip side, hand-off your catch to Koco and his team and you and your party will be feasting like King Neptune come dinnertime.
Boats & Gear
With all the great fishing happening off the Osa right now, Aguila de Osa is offering two outstanding boats to choose from 31’ Palm Beach and a 26’ center console. Special built for these local waters.
Albatross - 31' Palm Beach
Albatros is a palm beach 31’ cold-molded sportfishing boat, fitted out with Garmin latest electronics, Rupp outriggers, top of the line fishing equipment, has a bathroom with plenty of shade, and it’s powered by a Caterpillar 3116 turbo diesel.
- Half-day (5 hours) inshore US $750.00 + tax
- Full-Day (8-9 hours) inshore US $1,200.00 + tax
- Full Day (9 +) offshore US $ 1300.00 + tax – 20 – 40 miles offshore looking for the big pod spinner dolphins chasing Yellow Fin Tuna, Blue or Black Marlin, and Pacific Sailfish
- Rate is for 1-4 people
Reel Time - 26’ Center Console
- Half Day (5 hours) US $ 500.00 +tax
- Full Day (8-9 hours) US $ 950.00 +tax
- Full Day (9 hours) $1150.00 + tax – 20 – 40 miles offshore looking for the big pod spinner dolphins chasing Yellow Fin Tuna, Blue or Black Marlin, and Pacific Sailfish
- Rate is for 1-4 people
Note to Fly Fisherman: We will gladly accommodate you on your fly-fishing adventure. However, we ask you to bring your own rods and flies.
“The Osa Peninsula is all about adventure and the magic of nature, and no one offers you more of both, than Aguila de Osa.”
For reservations contact us:
WhatsApp: +506 8744-2967
Costa Rica Direct Reservations: +506 4000-1686
Hotel Direct Number: 506-8840-2929 or 506-2775-4545
Available 7 days a week 8am - 8pm